Friday, August 20, 2010

News or nuisance

Momma's little computer helper.


The news is really starting to get under my skin. I really don't like to be interrupted while watching "ELLEN," the most feel good show out there, to hear about another murder in Detroit. Please let me enjoy and hour of tv. The news is already on close to every other hour...are the breaking news alerts really necessary over something that happens every other day!? And then, while I happened to actually be listening to the news, which I try not to do, they had a segment "Dream Cruise nostalgia or nuisance." Really? This really irritated me. The Dream Cruise attracts close to a million people to a town that, let's face it, has very little going for it. Why take something that has been around for 16 years and even suggest that it be a nuisance. I think a much more uplifting story would have been how the Woodward Dream Cruise actually started out as a fundraiser for a soccer field and just a few years gained nationwide popularity, but that wouldn't fit into there "how much can we bum people out" story line-up.


On another note, I think I officially have the most distractable son. The computer has to be 100% out of sight for him to eat, and the t.v has to be off. He has discovered his ears, but hasn't caught on that if he pulls on them, it hurts. And he loves to sing along in the car, I turn the radio down a lot of the time and just listen to him. It actually sounds a lot like what is on the radio these days anyways!


Okay, now to get us ready, and then when daddy gets home we are going to go join in on the nuisance on woodward. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment